My mission – your mission

 

 My mother often told me as a child that we are each born with a mission. You have something to do for God that only you can do. No one else can fill your space. She was a wise deep little woman and how right she was comes home to me when I hear St. Teresa speaking of the dignity and beauty of every single person made in the image and likeness of God. He dwells within us. If only we could grasp how precious each of us is in His sight – with what tenderness He bends over each one of us. St. John Henry Newman had a sense of it in his beautiful prayer.

The mission of my life

 God has created me to do Him  some definite service. He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission. I may never know it in this life but I shall be told it in the next.

 I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons. He has not created me for naught. I shall do good; I shall do His work.

 I shall be an angel of peace, while not intending it if I do but keep his commandments.

 Therefore , I will trust Him, whatever I am, I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness will serve Him, in perplexity, my perplexity may serve him. If I am in sorrow , my sorrow, may serve Him. He does nothing in vain. He knows what He is about. He may take away my friends. He may throw me among strangers. He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide my future from me. Still, He knows what He is about.

  Dear Reader let God’s Living Word from the liturgy confirm you in your mission: "Think of the love the Father has lavished on us by letting us be called God’s children…"

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mary the Sunflower...

Humans and Dogs!

An Unexpected Visitor - Mr Heron