Do you remember the call?

 There’s a song I love written by an Ursuline nun in Cleveland called ‘In the name of Love’ which goes like this:

 Do you remember the Call?

 When did you hear your name out loud?

 Can you remember the word that you heard when the story began in you?

 Listen remember, catch glimpses of springtime

 And roots sinking deep in the heart of our God

 and you were carried.

 Green and stretching to life in the name of Love.

 The call to love – we can all relate to it. It’s the vocation of every human person on the face of the earth.  God is love and we were made for love and to give love.

 Do you remember the Call? Thats the oft repeated line of the song and it awakens in me a delight as I remember the call of God in my own life and in the lives of the other sisters I live with.

 Here is how one of them who in now in heaven describes her call:

 “I’m so glad for you that you have fallen in love with God. So said a friend when she heard my news: at 47 I was entering an enclosed Carmelite Monastery less than 3 miles from my office. Other friends saw my radiance. It was the happiest time in my life. Looking back 16 years I would now say ‘ it was a second spring’. I liked my job in a research institute very much – the work, the people,  the place, and its permanency – wild horses wouldn’t have spirited me away from it. And yet,  I exchanged it and my happy leisure life of week-ends in the country and holidays abroad for an island of prayer where God’s praises  are sung 7 times a day,7 days in the week and where T.V. radio and newspapers rarely impinge. Silence is in the air – how else can the praises of God become the centre of our days? How else can the cries of the poor and afflicted  be heard and answered?”

 Dear reader of this blog – do you remember the call of love in your own life? Can you hear the voice of God’s love sounding in your ear?

 I have loved you with an everlasting love and I am constant in my affection for you -  Jeremiah 31:3

    

Link to the song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar93rnEEwHU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mary the Sunflower...

Humans and Dogs!

An Unexpected Visitor - Mr Heron